Village of Whitefish Bay
The Village of Whitefish Bay is seeking a part-time, Communications and Social Media Specialist (10 hours per week) to drive the Village’s social media engagement and public information initiatives. This position will be responsible for print and online communication/social media initiatives for the organization. The ability to be a self-motivated, team player, with strong social media and communications skills are vital for this position.
Requirements: Strong written and communication skills. Ability to successfully manage several projects at once, as well as the ability to work independently. Excellent organizational skills; good with deadlines, details, and follow through. Strong experience with digital communication (social, web, mobile, etc.) Must be able to work with Microsoft Office and Constant Contact. Ability to attend a weekly Department Head meeting is desired.
College Degree in communications or related field required. Related experience required.
- Conceptualize, write and edit electronic and print communication materials, including website, monthly print newsletter content, weekly electronic newsletter; periodic email blasts and press releases.
- Update Facebook and actively tweet on a frequent basis.
- Monitor usage and adjust content, frequency, accordingly.
- Work closely with the Village Manager and other staff members to prioritize and successfully communicate the Village Board’s initiatives to the public.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please mail or email resume and cover letter by March 10, 2015:
5300 N. Marlborough Drive
Whitefish Bay, WI 53217